My Outlook 2007 will not open because the Outlook "exited without properly closing you Outlook Data

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vinbomber

Yesterday, my Outlook was working fine. About mid-day, I had a box open up stating that there was a problem with my Outlook and that it needed to be shut down. I then had another box open up asking if I'd like to Microsoft about the problem. I hit the " ok" button and the box opened showing the progress of the analysis to be sent to Microsoft. The analysis gets completed and checked off, the server is contacted and gets checked off but the part where it says checking " checking for status of this problem" does not appear to be working. I don't know if it is actually getting to Microsoft or not.

I just had a message pop up for the first time that says: " Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. 'Microsoft Office Outlook" . exited without properly closing your Outlook data file " C\EXCHANGE\AA362228.PST'. Microsoft Office Outlook must be restarted. If this error message recurs, contact support for Microsoft Office Outlook for assistance.

Any suggestions?

B

Brian Tillman

Press Ctrl+Esc+Shift. The Task manager will open. Select the Processes tab and look for a process names OUTLOOK.EXE. If you see it, select it and click End Task. You should then be able to restart. If it doesn't, see this: http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm

C:\Exchange is not the typical location for storing PSTs. Are you a home user or a corporate user? If the former, did you specifically choose that location when you created your PST?

----------------------------

V

vinbomber

I went through the process you suggested. However, when the Task Manager opened up, " Outlook.exe" was not listed as a process. So I restarted the computer and tried it again without any luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

V

vinbomber

Brian,

Thanks for the link you provided. I started outlook in safe mode and used it. Later, I closed it and tried to start it again and it seems to be working fine. THanks again for your help.

Jeff

B

Brian Tillman

If it worked in safe mode, then it's likely you have an add-in causing your problem. If it's still working when not in safe mode, I suspect the add-in was disabled. Look in Help>Disabled Items for any add-ins. That might give you a clue.

----------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.