Backing up Outlook navigation pane shortcuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rick S Minnesota

Is there any way to backup navigation pane shortcuts that you have established? I use them extensively. I use exchange online and sometimes I have to reset office apps, which builds a new ost file from the server, but shortcuts are lost. I would also like to use the backup to add by importing it to my laptop. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Rick

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

You should ask this in an Outlook forum.
--

Ed Crowley MVP
"There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

"Rick S Minnesota" wrote in message news:4a718ef9-5b0c-4a79-b8ac-e1a7cc93c1bf...

Is there any way to backup navigation pane shortcuts that you have established? I use them extensively. I use exchange online and sometimes I have to reset office apps, which builds a new ost file from the server, but shortcuts are lost. I would also like to use the backup to add by importing it to my laptop. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Rick

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

Sorry, there's nothing in Exchange Server I'm aware of that does what you're asking for. If there were anything it'd be an Outlook thing.
--

Ed Crowley MVP
"There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

"Rick S Minnesota" wrote in message news:8162d1d8-88a1-4f33-a16c-b3ba164f75e9...

Ed,

I did. This is the reply I received:

For issues related to exchange server,post your question here

See: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlookacct/thread/21b46b96-52fd-4cc2-bd19-5e752dd3efde/#41ca09d5-bcfb-4f13-97c3-b0c4f3110191

So, I don't know where to put it. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rick

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

R

Rick S Minnesota

Ed,

Thanks. I have searched extensively, and found nothing, so perhaps it is just not possible.

Rick

F

Frank.Wang

Hi Rick,

Navigation Pane settings is stored in the Outlook.xml which is located in C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook. (Outlook 2010 ,Windows 7)

So you can backup the file.

Frank Wang

Status
Not open for further replies.