Outlook Custom views: settings and filters disappear sometimes after changing the view

• Thread starter misstrixi
  • Start date Views 618
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

misstrixi

I use Custom Views in Outlook 2007 very intensive. I designed a form with a special field on all my mails. Its name is "done" and is a checkbox that can be activated. Furthermore I defined a number of custom views that check the presence of the mentioned item property and checks if the value is true or false.

Sometimes when I switch between my views it happens that the filter has changed automatically and one of the criteria is removed from the search list. Because of that I do not see some important mails and have to configure the filter again manually. In addition to that the Reading Pane suddenly appears even though I had switched it off.

We use Exchange Server 2007 and all Windows Updates including the Office 2007 Service Pack 2 are installed.

Can anybody help to find out how to prevent the automatic change of my defined views?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

M

Milly Staples [MVP]

Does your organization use GPOs to set certain features in Office programs? Did you check with the Admin to see if it is universal?

Barring that, have you tried resetting the view to start fresh?

--

ALWAYS post your Outlook version!

"misstrixi" wrote in message news:02b36488-d0ad-486a-81a6-5c8800c310d4@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I use Custom Views in Outlook 2007 very intensive. I designed a form with a special field on all my mails. Its name is "done" and is a checkbox that can be activated. Furthermore I defined a number of custom views that check the presence of the mentioned item property and checks if the value is true or false.

Sometimes when I switch between my views it happens that the filter has changed automatically and one of the criteria is removed from the search list. Because of that I do not see some important mails and have to configure the filter again manually. In addition to that the Reading Pane suddenly appears even though I had switched it off.

We use Exchange Server 2007 and all Windows Updates including the Office 2007 Service Pack 2 are installed.

Can anybody help to find out how to prevent the automatic change of my defined views?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

M

misstrixi

Actually I am the administrator and one of my users has the mentioned poblems with his views. It is a very difficult person and unfortunately I am not able to make too many experiments. We have only 3 to 4 GPO settings concering Office but none has to do with views. This user is one of a few with two Outlook clients and the ONLY one that uses this form and works with views so extensive. Thats why nobody else reportet this behaviour.

No I did not try to reset all the views. As I result of that all custom views are being deleted and have to be recreated, aren't they? Do you think this would be a chance?

Is it possible to find an explanation for the behaviour? What I mean is I want to understand how Outlook works with views, what happens when a view is changed and why it could happen that a setting disappears.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.