Accessing Exchange 2003 mailboxes from an Exchange 2010 account in the same domain

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GSRSGP

I have installed a new Exchange 2010 server to run alongside my Exchange 2003. I have moved one user to the Exchange 2010 server. That user can no longer access any user's mailboxes that still reside on the 2003 exchange server. Is there something I need to do to get this to work? Will it just not work? Is there some workaround?

U

umphid

Unless I'm misreading the question, if you move the user mailbox from 2003 to 2010, it should reside on the 2010 machine instead of 2003. (Note that you can selective move mailboxes one at a time and have some users on 2003 and some on 2010). Have that user access the mailbox on the 2010 server (Control Panel > Mail > Mail Setup > E-mail Accounts > Change).

L

Leif Pedersen [MVP]

Hi,

What happens when the user tries to open an Exchange 2003 mailbox?

What version of Outlook are you using?

Leif

X

Xiu Zhang

Hi,

First let me clarify the issue with you:

Mailbox on Exchange Server 2003 do have permission to access other mailbox, is that ture?

But after you move the mailbox to Exchange 2010, it cannot access mailbox on exchange 2003, is that right?

If that is the case, then I recommend you to use get-mailboxpermission to check if this mailbox has been assign permission to access mailbox on exchange 2003 server.

Allow Mailbox Access

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996343.aspx

Regards,

Xiu

Status
Not open for further replies.