Messages are delivered to Exchange Server 2003 but not visible to end user in OWA or outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris.CCT

I have a weird one -

A user called in with a problem of not receiving email. I logged onto the Exchange 2003 webmail as Administrator https://server.company.com/exchange and then after logging on added /username to the end to gain access to thier mailbox. Yes I have given the Administrator full rights to the mailboxes. I can see the mail that the user is saying that is missing. When I logon to OWA as the user the mail is in fact not visible. This seems to be tied to external email only. Sending mail outbound is no problem. BTW The server is SBS 2003 and is fully updated with the latest service packs the exchange version 6.5.7638.2.

I noticed that there was an extra x400 address for this user in thier AD profile (again wierd)

I tried creating a new user and directing mail from user@company.com to this new user's account however the same issue applies.

Are there any tools or steps I should be looking into to troubleshoot this issue?

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

Is the user using Outlook with cached mode? It could be that the mailbox is not properly synchronized with Outlook. To test that, help the user configure Outlook to turn off cached mode, if temporarily. To fix it, you might need to delete the OST file and let it be recreated.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
"There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

"Chris.CCT" wrote in message news:5da586cd-8223-42a2-b74a-5247b71e4098...

I have a weird one -

A user called in with a problem of not receiving email. I logged onto the Exchange 2003 webmail as Administrator https://server.company.com/exchange and then after logging on added /username to the end to gain access to thier mailbox. Yes I have given the Administrator full rights to the mailboxes. I can see the mail that the user is saying that is missing. When I logon to OWA as the user the mail is in fact not visible. This seems to be tied to external email only. Sending mail outbound is no problem. BTW The server is SBS 2003 and is fully updated with the latest service packs the exchange version 6.5.7638.2.

I noticed that there was an extra x400 address for this user in thier AD profile (again wierd)

I tried creating a new user and directing mail from user@company.com to this new user's account however the same issue applies.

Are there any tools or steps I should be looking into to troubleshoot this issue?
Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

S

Sembee [MVP]

If you can see the email, but logged in as the user you cannot, then that is classic view. I would start by resetting the views in Outlook and OWA as the user.

Simon.

Status
Not open for further replies.