Exchange 2010 EMC very slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JayCrumpGP

Hi. Has anyone else experienced slow response times for viewing mail DB's ('manage databases' link at organization level')?

I have a two-site ex2010 deployment with AD-site/DC/GC/DNS in each subnet (one subnet per datacenter - each datacenter has a minimum 10meg internet handoff), plus ex2003 admin groups in the same two datacenters...and then one ex2003 off in a site with a slow link (2meg line).

When I click on 'manage databases', it's literally taking over an hour to display DBs. That doesn't seem normal - although everything else is working correctly (mailbox/transport/CAS roles)....just finding it murder to use the GUI for management.

T

Thiyagu14

Hi,

What is your server config?

Similar post regarding the same slowness here

thanks

Thiyagu

J

JayCrumpGP

Every ex2010 server has atleast 4GB RAM (4 CAS - two in each datacenter, 2 transport (one in each datacenter), 2 UM 16GB RAM (one in each datacenter), 10 mailbox (5 in each datacenter), 2 pf dedicated (one in each datacenter).

I

Ilantz

Hi !

In addition to what Jay referred to,

have you tried to install the management tools for Exchange 2010 on a workstation or a non-exchange server?

R

rfjohns1

We are experiencing the same issue. We are on Nehalem based servers with 70GB ram so that is not the issue.

J

JayCrumpGP

In my scenario, it was a DB on a server that was dismounted. first server in ex2010 org that nothing was sitting on (users, etc). mounted and now EMC is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.