Sending email with Outlook 2007 while traveling

• Thread starter mlbroeske
  • Start date Views 593
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mlbroeske

I have a new laptop for my job that uses Outlook 2007 for email. My boss set up Outlook in Massachusetts, but when the computer got to me in Arizona, I found I could receive emails, but not send them. Several tech support forums like this showed me I needed to find out which smtp address my ISP uses. I did that, and every worked perfectly.

Now, I'm trying to travel with the laptop, but I'm running into the same problem because I don't know the smtp addresses for every city I travel to. Is there a universal smtp? Can I get around this smtp issue? I need to be able to send out emails when I'm on the road.

Please help!

H

Hal Hostetler - Print-Imaging [MVP]

Get yourself a GMail/Hotmail account that has national access and use their SMTP server for your account. I do this very thing with my smartphone an several different email accounts.Hal

H

Hal Hostetler - Print-Imaging [MVP]

You absolutely MUST use port 587 with SSL/TLS, any attempt to use port 25 will be blocked by just about every ISP you may connect to in your travels:

SMTP server: smtp.live.com (Port 25) {Note: If port 25 has been blocked in your network or by your ISP, you can set SMTP port to 587 with TLS or SSL Encryption depending on the client in use} Authentication required? Yes (this matches your POP username and password)TLS/SSL required? Yes

Again, you cannot use port 25, it WILL be blocked.Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.