Can't restore my outlook 2007 pst and getting permission error message.

L

Lonex

Following a clean windows and office 2007 installation and update, I am unable to restore my backed up outlook pst file. I get the error message “File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file C:\Outlook.pst

I am the only user of my pc, I changed the file permission , unticked the read only, file is located in my C drive, my UAC is meduim, checked my permisson and all boxes are ticked yet unable to restore. Any ideas?

Thank you

M

Milly Staples - MVP Outlook

Try moving the .pst file to a non-root location such as a folder in your user profile and try again.

ALWAYS post your Outlook version!

" Lonex" wrote in message news:67ca8c7d-5a88-4f73-b662-f35df4862e94@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Following a clean windows and office 2007 installation and update, I am unable to restore my backed up outlook pst file. I get the error message �??File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file C:\Outlook.pst

I am the only user of my pc, I changed the file permission , unticked the read only, file is located in my C drive, my UAC is meduim, checked my permisson and all boxes are ticked yet unable to restore. Any ideas?

Thank you