0x800CCC1A: server does not support the connection encryption type

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Amy Guzules

Hello,

I'm using Outlook 2007, and it was working fine on Friday eve. On Monday morning, I'm getting this error " 0x800CCC1A: server does not support the connection encryption type" and can't receive email via Outlook. (I'm able to get it via webmail, but that's not how I like to work.)

I've scoured the web for a fix for this problem, and spent an hour on the phone with my ISP, but it's still unresolved. AT&T has determined that it's an Outlook problem. We created a new email account in Outlook and deleted the old one. We tried changing the account to not use SSL, but that doesn't work either. Outlook's own test wizard can't reach the server.

I hope that someone here can help. I've already looked at KB Articles 813514 and 287532, and my Outlook is still giving me this error.

Thank you, in advance!

-Amy

H

Hal Hostetler - Print-Imaging [MVP]

Common McAfee email scanner failure mode. If other suggestions don't work, consider downloading and running McAfee's Removal Tool to completely uninstall the system (the included uninstaller leaves lots of debris all over the place), then re-install it without any email scanning components. You do NOT want McAfee's (or ANY Anti Virus vendor's) email scanner running on your system.

Why You Don't Need Your Anti-Virus Program to Scan Your E-MailHal

Status
Not open for further replies.