Re: Outlook 2007 error messages: not enough memory

• Thread starter Natasha Dsouza
  • Start date Views 1,523
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natasha Dsouza

Ensure all the latest Service Packs and updates are installed for Office 2007.

If the issue persists after installing the updates then restart the machine in clean boot. To start windows in clean boot refer the link below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting in clean boot,ensure you restart the computer in normal mode.

N

Nourelain

This problem has to do with having alot of public folders (or mailbox folders) that get synchronized with the Exchange server.Since Outlook 2007 SP2 this problem exists and Microsoft is aware of this, but nothing is being done since over a year now.

When a limit of around 11750 'connections' is reached, Outlook starts to show this error. You can monitor the connections by right-clicking on the Outlook icon in the status bar while pressing the CTRL key and selecting 'Connection status'

Sometimes it helps to go offline and online again, many times it will work for another 10 minutes, but this works not always.

Regards,

Adrian

N

Nourelain

Addition Oct 10, 2010: Does Microsoft really not care about this bug??? I thought that many MS Support Professionals are reading these forums, and after all this time no reply at all from any of them??? Do I really have to pay a Support Incident to report a bug to Microsoft???

N

Nourelain

I have opened a Support case with Microsoft and they have now confirmed that this is a bug in Outlook.

Since Public Folders are deprecated since Exchange 2007 and will not be available in the next Exchange Server version after Exchange 2010, they are not putting a lot of effort on this bug and postponed it to the next version of Outlook, but it is also unlikely that they will fix it in the next Outlook version.

So the only solution is to not use a lot of folders with Exchange Cache mode (neither Mailbox nor Public Folders) to avoid this problem, as Outlook cannot handle them.

Status
Not open for further replies.