Adding Reminders to Flagged emails in Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Susie88

When I flag an email for follow up I do not get the option to add a reminder. The only menu options I get are Flag Message or Clear Flag. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

M

Milly Staples - MVP Outlook

What do you see when you right click on the e-mail and select the option to Set Reminder? Is this mail in your default .pst store?

--

"Susie88" wrote in message news:b2b90f80-1911-453d-b2ba-4c5d7096b9ca@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

When I flag an email for follow up I do not get the option to add a reminder. The only menu options I get are Flag Message or Clear Flag. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

J

JuBa38

Hi,

I have the exact same problem as described above. When I right-click on the message, I get the same options, either Flag Message or Clear Flag, nothing else.

D

DevboyX

Same here. The account is a gmail IMAP though, is reminder a "server" based feature (i.e. requires exchange server)?

DB

H

hyp0xia

Same issue here. Seems to happen with IMAP accounts only. I still can't believe how many shortcomings outlook 2010 has.

I'm sure a macro can be programmed to solve this, wish I knew how.

W

warm_warmer

Having the same problem here - was there ever a resolution for this?

E

Eric Schoneker

I agree. Yet another shortcoming of what is supposed to be an "upgrade". Let's review...IMAP mail handling in 2010 is definitely NOT improved as Microsoft advertised and one of the reasons I wanted to "upgrade" from 2003. Not only can we not assign reminder dates to IMAP email messages as we were able to with 2003, we no longer get the taskbar notification (little envelope) when new IMAP messages arrive like we did in Outlook 2003 (I don't know about 2007 as I skipped that "upgrade"), and Microsoft decided us users no longer needed the "Save My Office Settings" Wizard that was very helpful in configuring multiple machines to use all the same Office settings. I'm sure there are probably other "improvements" Microsoft decided were in our best interest, but these are the three I've found in the first week of using Office 2010. Any others I need to know about?

T

techloop

Is a solution for this problem found ? by microsoft, by 3rd party ?

its only on imap accounts...

Status
Not open for further replies.