Mail sent from alternate POP3 accounts stuck in Exchange outbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

drsjas

I currently have three mailboxs configured in Outlook 2007. One is an exchange account which is my work email. The other two are POP3 accounts for private and alternate email addresses.

Mail is sent fine from all accounts when I am in the office. When I take my laptop home and use Outlook from my home connection I still recieve my POP3 mail but obviously not the Exchnage mail. The problem then is that when I try to send mail from one of the POP3 accounts it gets stuck in the Exchange outbox and will not send, even though I have specified the profile to use to send the mail.

When I am in the office all the mail still gets sent through the Exchange outbox, however the sent items appear in the correct mailboxes. This suggests to me that the settings are correct and the issue is that the mail is trying to be sent via the Exchange account when the server is not connected, even though new mail is being received via the POP3 settings.

I have checked the outgoing server settings in each mail profile and tried "Use the same settings as my incoming mail server", and "Log on using User Name and Password" without any success.

D

drsjas

Thanks Vinay,

I am selecting the mail account each time I want to send from different mailboxes. Even though I select one of the non-Exchnage accounts the mail is stills ent through the Exchnage profiel outbox. Therefore when I am not in the offcie and connected to Exchange the mail will not send. As I said I can still recieve mail for my POP3 accoutns when out of the office.

Status
Not open for further replies.