Restarted EX2010 Server with DAG and now get event 1223 and 1564

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McCue

I sequentially restarted both of my EX2010 servers which have DB's on a DAG without activating the DB on the other server first. Since then I now receive the following event 1223 and 1564

1223: Cluster IP address resource 'Cluster IP Address' cannot be brought online because the cluster network 'Cluster Network 2' is not configured to allow client access. Please use the Failover Cluster Manager snap-in to check the configured properties of the cluster network.

1564: File share witness resource 'File Share Witness (\\file.company.com.\DAG1.company.com.)' failed to arbitrate for the file share '\\file.company.com.\DAG1.company.com.'. Please ensure that file share '\\file.company.com.\DAG1.company.com.' exists and is accessible by the cluster.

There has been no change to the FWS and cluster services have been fine for 4 weeks.

Setup: win2k8r2, EX2010 w/RO4, CA, HT & MX rolls for both servers, ESET Mail Security. The FWS was setup entirely by the DAG wizard.

Already tried: I tried the 3 variations on unchecking-applying and checking-applying the " Allow clients to connect through this network" option in the Cluster Network 2 Properties with the Failover Cluster Manager but it did not have an impact.

When I try to bring the cluster online manually, I get the 1564 error.

M

McCue

Solved it! The cluster IP was on the Replication network instead of the Mapi network. It didn't matter when this was setup, but after the reboot it cleared out the cash and the FSW could not connect to it. Changing the address to on on the Mapi network resolved the issues.

thanks for looking.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.