Sync phone contacts into Outlook 2010

• Thread starter askrishn
  • Start date Views 723
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

askrishn

I have a HTC HD2 running 6.5 and Mobile office (inc outlook). My laptop used to run XP & outlook 2003. I have just upgraded the OS to Win 7 and to Outlook 2010 on leaving my organisation. (so no exchange server). I am tring to get the contacts on my phone into Outlook on my laptop. My primary mail a/c is a Windows Live account which I pulled into Outlook. When I run Windows Mobile Device center , i get the mesaage that there are no email programs as default. I am unable to get the contacts in my phone into Outlook nor into Windows Live. Have MyPhone to data seems safe but can't export. Pl help :)

A

askrishn

I get the message on WMDC that there is no email program assocaited to perform the requested action. Outlook is marked as the default account. The contacts on the phone are outlook contacts sync with my earlier Outlook 2003 laptop client (with corporate email MS exchange server ). Now am running Outlook 2010 as a independent client ( not on corporate email)

How do i copy and have sync on a reglaur bais betwwen my phone & outlook ?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
That message means you are either using the home and business 'click to run' version or 64-bit.

G

Guruprasad Ra

Refer to Diane"s reply; you need to install Outlook 2010 32-bit to be able sync Outlook data using WMDC. VisitKB 980513 for details.

A

askrishn

My Outlook is a 32 bit version , purchased from microsft store - so guess it is click to run ?

so what is the solution ?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

Uninstall the Click-to-Run version of Office 2010 from Control Panel. Visit the site where you purchased Office 2010, and sign in with the same Live ID that you used when you first purchased Office 2010.Click the My Account link at the top of the home page to access your Office downloads.Click the Download button for the suite that you purchased, and then click the Advanced Options link under the Download Now button. There is a version of Office 2010 listed that is not Click-to-Run and that does not require an available Q: drive.

From Outlook & Office 2010 Click-to-Run Headaches

Status
Not open for further replies.