Trying to access IMAP we get "This information service is not installed on your computer."

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ecdc

We use Outlook to connect to our Google Apps IMAP email accounts. They were working fine until one day I logged in and received the error: " This information service is not installed on your computer."

After removing the profile and trying to add new ones, when I click on Test Account Settings everything passes, however when I try to click Next > to finish out, the error pops up once again: " This information service is not installed on your computer." This error is followed then by a notice that the action has been cancelled by the user, and I cannot access my IMAP accounts.

Everything on the Google side of things is working, as IMAP is configured properly on other machines, etc. Only this one machine, Windows Server 2003 R2, stopped working one day out of the blue. It was previously working just fine.

Any ideas?

E

ecdc

Thanks, Sachin. However, even creating new profiles in Outlook does not help... I tried this numerous times, and each time I am about to finish I receive those errors: This information service... followed by the User cancelled the operation message box.

Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.