Outlook 2010 Audit

• Thread starter AndyCov
  • Start date Views 1,314
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AndyCov

Hi,

Not sure exactly where to ask this but this is as good a place as any (no doubt someone will disagree...). Apart from Bitage, what audit capability is present in Outlook 2010? How do I access it, format, detail etc etc?

Ta

Andy

A

AndyCov

Configuration changes to the client, when a mail is read as a starter. It would be useful to know the extent of the product capability

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Config changes, no. Time a message is read is the last modified field - but other things can change the time too so its not accurate. The info bar also holds the replied to date and time, but its also not accurate as it uses the time it was saved as a draft. Otherwise, there is no audit trail.

A

AndyCov

Thanks for the reply - really appreciated. I am very interested in the time a message is read (even with the caveats). Can you say where is this logged, and in what format, how do I enable it???

Is there a paper/help file anywhere that documents audit capabilities comprehensively???

If these things are not present in the product - any suggestions for 3rd party apps that enable better logging???

Ta

Andy

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
There are are no audit capabilities in outlook. You can add the modified time to your view to see when you last touched a message. Right click on the row of field names and choose Field Chooser. Switch to Date and Time fields in the dropdown and drag modified to the row of field names.

If you want to know when others read messages you sent, you can request read receipts but they aren't very accurate (especially if you don't use Exchange) - they don't have to return them.

I'm not aware of any audit/logging addins for outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.