I can't configure my MS Office Outlook 2007 to receive msn.com emails from my MSN ISP. I am running VISTA

• Thread starter MVolcheff
  • Start date Views 750
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MVolcheff

I accidently deleted my MS Office Outlook 2007 OUTLOOK Profile while adding another (MAPI) Exchange email account. There were four email accounts inside the OUTLOOK Profile. They have obviously all disappeared from my OUTLOOK file list. I desperately need to recover them. When I tried to re-create either the OUTLOOK Profile or one of my former email accounts (msn.com), after filling in all the appropriate exchange information, I repeatedly get a dialogue box asking for user name and password. I am entering the correct password, and it seems Outlook or Outlook Connector is preventing the msn.com email account to be pulled into Outlook. During the tests I never access the In/out servers. I access my emails and folders fine via webmail. I also tried to do a system restore but found out the hard way that a restore point has never been set since I got the computer 3 years ago (how was I to know?). I know, get a MAC, but I am stuck with this problem now and need to recover or re-create the Outlook profile with all four email accounts as soon as possible. Who can help and please, no technical terms, Im a novice.

R

Roady [MVP]

If you want to configure an MSN account with Outlook, you do not select an Exchange account to be added.

Install the Outlook Hotmail Connector if you haven't done so already. Create a new mail profile and select that you want to configure your account manually.For the account type, select Other and then select the Outlook Hotmail Connector.Fill in your details and you're done.

M

MVolcheff

thanks for the reponse and that brought back my e-mail folders in my mn account, but my Calendar, Contacts and Taskers files look to be data from about two months ago and before. There is no current data since about mid June. How would you explain that and how do I find the data file that contain the more recent Calendar, Contacts and Taskers that I input?

R

Roady [MVP]

Logon to you mail account via the web interface; is the information visible there?
If not, it appears you had syncing issues since mid-june or have been storing the information somewhere else.

If you still have pst-files from your previous mail profile, you can connect to them via;
File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... to see what is in them. If you find the contents, you can copy it over to the MSN mailbox. This will automatically upload it back to the server again.

Status
Not open for further replies.