Can't see or search Deleted items in IMAP email account

• Thread starter Paulstaff
  • Start date Views 503
P

Paulstaff

I have already tried turning off filters (there are currently none) and clicking "Download complete items" in Send/Receive settings. Neither has worked. Previously all of my Deleted items appeared in the Inbox with a strikethrough line. Now only undeleted items appear in the Inbox, along with strikethrough items that were deleted very recently - i.e., today or yesterday. I cannot see or search deleted items that were deleted prior to yesterday

P

Paulstaff

Previously all of my Deleted items appeared in the Inbox with a strikethrough line. The items were also grouped with Undeleted items on top and strikethrough Deleted items below. Now only undeleted items appear in the Inbox, along with strikethrough items that were deleted very recently - i.e., today or yesterday - and the items are no longer grouped with Undeleted items on top. I cannot see or search deleted items that were deleted prior to yesterday. I have already tried turning off filters (there are currently none) and clicking "Download complete items" in Send/Receive settings. Neither has worked.

E

Ezil Vinoth

If the items marked for deletion are purged (deleted permanently), it is both deleted from outlook as well as the server.

Follow the steps and uncheck the automatic purge Options in Outlook to avoid this issue in future.

1. Open Outlook

2. Click on tools> Account settings

3. Double click on the email account, click on "More Settings"

4. Under general tab, uncheck the box "Purge items when switching folders while online"

5. Click ok and restart Outlook.