IMPORTING OUTLOOK PST BACKUP ERROR 'NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THIS VERSIONOF THE PERSONAL FOLDERS INFORMAT

• Thread starter EKCONFUSED
  • Start date Views 1,511
E

EKCONFUSED

I am trying to import my backup/archive .pst file, which was made in Outlook 2003 (Windows XP), into Outlook 2002 (Windows xp). It will not import or open the file. I have copied it to the local pc but still get the message " The file ........pst is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folder information service. Contact your administrator" .

G

GordonBP

I am trying to import my backup/archive .pst file, which was made in Outlook 2003 (Windows XP), into Outlook 2002 (Windows xp). It will not import or open the file. I have copied it to the local pc but still get the message " The file ........pst is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folder information service. Contact your administrator" .

You should NEVER use the import function to move data from one Outlook to another in the first place, (seehere on the correct methods, andhere as to why you shouldn't import), and in the second place, if these pst files were created in outlook 2003, and used the default 2003 format, then yes, they are not compatible with prior versions.

You need access to an installed version of Outlook 2003/2007 or 2010 to open these pst files, create new ones in 97-2002 format and copy the data from the 2003 files to the new ones.

If you find my response helpful, please click on the " Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you!