What happened to Outlook 2007 signature files after Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xladlk

I did a Restore from a backup for Outlook 2007 and another thing that didn't show up was my numereous signature files I've made for different clients. Where do I find them at since Win7 likes to scatter files all over the place; almost makes me want to go back to XP.

Thanks

G

GordonBP

I did a Restore from a backup for Outlook 2007 and another thing that didn't show up was my numereous signature files I've made for different clients. Where do I find them at since Win7 likes to scatter files all over the place; almost makes me want to go back to XP.

Thanks

So you obviously didn't do a complete backup.

AFAIK Outlook 2007 stores the signatures in relatively the same place, no matter what OS you use....

In windows 7 the location is C:\Users\{Your User Name}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures

In XP it was C:\Documents & settings\<user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures - so not entirely different then....

X

xladlk

Thanks

So you obviously didn't do a complete backup.

AFAIK Outlook 2007 stores the signatures in relatively the same place, no matter what OS you use....

In windows 7 the location is C:\Users\{Your User Name}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures

In XP it was C:\Documents & settings\<user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures - so not entirely different then....

Well obviously, I did do a complete backup because the files are right where they were supposed to be. It is the Restore that won't move them back. Since I now know where they are, I'll move them manually like I have had to do with so many others. Thanks for the answer and stick your sarcassim.

Status
Not open for further replies.