Suddenly cannot send hotmail account emails from Outlook 2007

• Thread starter CT Lynch
  • Start date Views 807
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CT Lynch

WinXP Pro SP3, Outlook 2007. I've been using Outlook with the hotmail connector for quite awhile without problems, but suddenly in the last few days whenever I write an email with my default hotmail account in Outlook and then try to send it, it just sits in the outbox forever and will never be sent. I've got another business account in outlook as well and it is working perfectly fine. The only thing that has changed at my end has been that I cleaned out some malware (fake antivirus) that infected my internet browser, and then installed Kaspersky antivirus. Still I'm scratching my head because my other email accounts work fine through Outlook. Perhaps there is a new hotmail connector version or something? TIA.

Here is the text of the error message I'm getting

Task 'XXXXX@hotmail.com - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80040126) : 'The operation cannot be performed because the connection to the server is offline.'

C

CT Lynch

I've disabled it, and still have the same problem. I've downloaded the latest connector, uninstalled the old one, reinstalled the new one and deleted/recreated the hotmail account. Same problem....although now I've noticed that it isn't downloading new unread emails from hotmail. I'm seeing them on my blackberry and can see them in webmail...but they don't download into outlook2007.

R

rdk2004

CT. I've had the same issue with 3 applications since hotmail changed their format. Outlook 2007 on my pc, Mac Mail on my MacBook, and the Iphone app I use to access hotmail. Microsoft decided to change their format but it appears they didn't consider updating others, including their outlook connector developers...

I think this has pushed me over to go to gmail exclusively...

Just thought I'd post so you wouldn't think it was just you or something with your pc... It's Microsoft.

C

CT Lynch

Thanks. I totally was unaware of the "upgrade" as I check my email exclusively through blackberry and outlook...and never saw the upgrade notice. Frustrating. Gmail might be in my short term future.

J

Joe's answer

Check if you are able to receive mails on Outlook 2007 in Windows Clean-boot. To enable Clean-boot in Windows XP, refer to the link given below:
Note: all non-Microsoft services (including the security software) are disabled in Clean-boot. Enable clean-boot at your own risk.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

Once the troubleshooting is done in Clean-boot, ensure to enable Normal Start-up.
If you are able to view the Help content in Clean-boot then it may be blocked by a non-Microsoft service likely to be the anti-virus or the firewall software installed on the computer.

C

CT Lynch

This is completely and utterly absurd. On July 29th the outlook mail connector works fine. On August 1 it doesn't. So after three weeks the response to the problem is "start up in clean boot". That isn't an answer and it is certainly not a solution. It was easier to open a new email account with another provider, tell everyone I know of the new address and then go through every vendor, website and discussion group that had my old hotmail address and change it.

R

rdk2004

I'm with you. I've posted this issue a couple times. I was able to get the hotmail to work in outlook 2007 by bypassing the Outlook Connector (that was designed to connect to hotmail) and manually configure for pop3 and smtp. The problem with that is you no longer have an IMAP setup. That is when I setup the account in outlook and checked it the first time ALL my email pulled in to outlook deleting it from hotmail online. Soooo, I think changed settings to leave a copy of the email on the server so this wouldn't happen but its still not working like it did. Long story short. Microsoft Hotmail made changes without notification of the impact to users, without coordinating with other divisions of Microsoft (such as the programmers for the outlook connector) and the support has consisted of other end users coming up with crazy suggestions (like mine) rather than Micorosft chimming in with real answers. My gmail account works perfect on my new MacBook Pro and took only moments to setup and my IPhone connects to gmail without having to by a third party app (like I did for Iphon to connect to hotmail). So this weekend I'm switching it all over to gmail and using my Mac as much as possible.

Yet another with for Apple and Gmail and another "late to the game" for Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.