How can I forward 'everyother' incoming message from one email account to two additional accounts? Complicated!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adunkey

Hi There!

I am trying to forward incoming email messages from one email account to two additional email accounts. My challenge is that I want to split the incoming messages among the two accounts. Ideally, I'd like to forward "every other" message to each account. Is this possible?

S

Surya Prasad Vemulapalli

Try creating a rule in outlook to forward all the emails from you main email account to the folders in your other email accounts.

Refer:How to create a rule

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
its not possible using rules, at least not using rules that are available in Outlook. At the very least you'd need to use the run a script rule - and write a script to track the messages and pick the account ot forward to. Otherwise, you would need to use VBA to track the messages and choose which one goes where. I don't recall if there are apps that can do this (or VBA samples) though.

A

adunkey

Hi Diane!

Thank you so much for your response. I've been searching the internet for days and you've given me more helpful info than anyone. I have a few questions for you and would love to get your feedback. Here they are:

1) Do you know how to write a script rule to track and divert incoming messages to various accounts? If so, how?

2) What is VBA? Do you know how to use VBA to accomplish my objective?

3) I realized that even if this works, a downside to my approach is that Outlook has to be "running" to divert my messages. Wouldn't it be better to divert messages through a G-Mail server which is always "running"? Is this possible to do via G-mail?

Thank you so much for your time and consideration! :)

~ Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.