Outlook 2010 downloads same message several times

• Thread starter IgorMT
  • Start date Views 656
I

IgorMT

Hi

In Outlook 2010 same message is downloaded each time I open Outlook. I have set Outlook to leave messages on the server and delete them after seven days. I need to keep this setting.

Is there some solution for this problem?

Kind regards

IgorM

G

Ganesh Kumar N

This issue normally occurs if there is a corrupt email stuck in the server.

Create a new folder in the Webmail. Move all the emails from the inbox to the new folder created. Ensure that there are no emails in inbox.

Now try to send/recieve emails in Outlook and check if the issue occurs.

Ganesh Kumar N

J

Jeff Michel

This is obviously a problem with Outlook 2010 - I do not have this problem with the older Outlook running on the old computer.

I have to leave the messages on the server for a set period and this new 'great' version just downloads everything left on the server everytime you start it (which is quite often as it seems to jam up quite a lot).

Can someone please address this issue now?

Thanks,

Jeff

I

IgorMT

I tried your solutin but it did not help. I still get the same email several time. And it only happens in Outlook 2010!

Regards

IgorM

G

Ganesh Kumar N

What type of email account in you use? (e.g., POP, IMAP or Exchange)

Ganesh Kumar N

G

Ganesh Kumar N

Do you find only the email headers (Subject and the sender"s name) being duplicated or is it a duplicate for the entire email content including the body of the message?

Ganesh Kumar N

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

I tried your solutin but it did not help. I still get the same email several time. And it only happens in Outlook 2010!

This is a known issue they are investigating. It seems to be a problem for people who deliver multiple accounts to one pst and are using a profile or pst created in an older version of Outlook.

You can try a new pst or a separate pst for each account.