Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook Window. - had computer and email address for years without a problem- this just occured

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ahardtke

Same error as a previous writer except I have Outlook 2007, Windows Vista and Trend Micro Antivirus w/Webroot Spy Sweeper. I tried the suggestions posted for the other writer but it appears they don't apply to my system.

When I double click the Outlook icon the outline of the window comes up but then goes away in a few seconds and is replaced with the error message.

The problem started right after I tried to sync my Blackberry using the Blackberry Desktop Manager. My computer freezed and I had to manually restart the system, went into safe mode then restarted in regular mode.

I ran Office Diagnostics without success.

During the search for a solution I also recieved an error message: msiexec.exe application error, The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Don't know if this is related to my problem.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Kind regards,

ahardtke

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

What did you try?

This is usually the fix for this error:

Close Outlook. At the Start search field on Vista or Windows7 Start menu or in the Start menu, Run command (Windows key + R), type

outlook.exe /resetnavpane

Then press Enter (or OK button) to restart Outlook.

Note: Make sure there is a space between the words.

For more information, see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/cant_start_outlook.asp

A

ahardtke

Diane

That did the trick.

The space was the issue.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

ahardtke

Status
Not open for further replies.