Contact name repeated multiple times in 'To' Field

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

misintern

I have a user that was sending e-mails back and forth with another user.

When she received a reply, she realized her name was repeated multiple times in the "To:" field.

When she forwarded it to me, I was able to see that her name was repeated multiple times here.

Is there any idea as to how the users name was randomly repeated in the To field? It was in a reply, so I disregarded the idea that the sender simply "clicked" her name too many times.

Note: The user did not receive multiple copies of the email. We are just wondering what could make outlook do this?

Thanks!

R

Roady [MVP]

Much depends on the person she was emailing with as that is the person who created the message that she received.

Is this other user an internal or an external user?
Does it only happen when she emails with this user or with other's as well?

If this issue only appears to be happening in communications with that other user, then the issue is not likely to be on your end.

N

Niranjan I K

Do the names that show up have ; (semicolon) in between in the "To" field?

How does it appear on the computer who replies to the email?

M

misintern

Both users are internal. This happened between the two users, and also when the message was forwarded from one of them to our help desk.

M

misintern

The names show up as 'Contact name'; 'Contact name'; 'Contact name'; . When we open the email on both computers it appears that way.

R

Roady [MVP]

Can you reproduce this when you start a new "reply-chain" with that user or did it only happen for this particular message?

If you can reproduce this;
When exactly does it start happening?
Is it already visible in the Reply window or is it only visible at first for the receiver or in the Sent Items folder?

M

misintern

When the user forwarded the message, we were able to see where this happened, probably the third or forth reply.

When we replied back to her, she reported the same issue occurred in our sent email, only when we were typing the reply it wasnt visible in the reply window, nor in the Sent items folder, but the receiver once again saw the issue.

We did not try reproducing this, and the user has been emailing others but hasnt reported that this occurred any other time

Status
Not open for further replies.