Coexist 2010 with 2007/03

• Thread starter Arnold997
  • Start date Views 511
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Arnold997

Looking to update our 2007 to SP3, and then installing 2010 to coexist. My question is we are not going to be doing anything with the other 2007 server that sits in a different exchange site so I don't believe it will need to be on SP2 or greater. Am I thinking correctly ?

ba

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

It should be at least SP2 to co-exist. The 2010 pre-reqs will fail otherwise.

A

Arnold997

Thanks for the reply AndyD, I was just curious about 2007 Exchange servers at a different site. I know as part of the SP2 install the schema will get adjusted to handle 2010, but since the other exchange 2007 server is at a different site, in a different trusted domain I was wondering if the SP2 requirment is needed since 2010 will not be installed at that site.

Thank you.

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

This is in the same Exchange org/ AD Forest?

If so, you have to upgrade all the servers to a minimum of SP2, otherwise, the 2007 CAS servers will not be able to redirect autodiscover requests from that site to the 2010 site, proxying wont work etc....

B

Brian Desmond -MVP-

Thanks for the reply AndyD, I was just curious about 2007 Exchange servers at a different site. I know as part of the SP2 install the schema will get adjusted to handle 2010, but since the other exchange 2007 server is at a different site, in a different trusted domain I was wondering if the SP2 requirment is needed since 2010 will not be installed at that site.

Thank you.

You're mixing terms here which is confusing the issue. Is this 2007 environment in the different "site" simply in a different AD site or is it also in a different forest?Active Directory, 4th Edition - www.briandesmond.com/ad4/

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

Yep. Need Exchange 2007 SP2 minimum on every server in the org before moving to 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.