Logon credentials have expired

• Thread starter trwilson
  • Start date Views 4,799
T

trwilson

I'm running an Exchange 2010 server and this morning all users get the following message:

"The logon credentials supplied have expired. You must change your password before logging on to Microsoft Exchange."

How do I fix this? Google does nothing. I don't want to change the passwords. Is this a security feature that can be changed?

Thanks!

M

[MT]

Hi,

Check your domain account password is expired from your domain controller administrator, they will able to check it.

Here are little tools help you check whether your password expired: Account lockout tools from Microsoft

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738772(WS.10).aspx

You can either reset your password to same or put it password never expired from ADUC (If you are allowed to do so)
MT | MCITP ----- Please vote helpful or mark as answer if it's answered your question, this help us follow up the question status.

T

TWHarrington

Exchange does not impose password change policies on its users for regular operations. Your issue is a domain/AD issue. The only time Exchange imposes a password change is in an ActiveSync Policy (which is not the same password as your AD password). Are the users seeing this from their desktop/Outlook or from a mobile device?

T

trwilson

Great, thanks!

...actually the thing that confused me is if my domain password expired, how was I able to log onto the domain? I log in as Administrator, Outlook logs in as my mail username. The mail username expired.