Exchange 2010 SP1 changing password

• Thread starter Flippinger
  • Start date Views 570
F

Flippinger

Hallo

if have installed i test environment with an exchange server 2010 and the beta service pack 1. Now I want to change an user password of the OWA interface. I have explicit deactivated the password complexity by a Default Domain Policy. So if i try to change the password from an user there is coming up an error message that the new password could be set because of minimum standards / complexity. If i try to set the password on a client, everything works fine. May be this is a bug in the SP1 for exchange? Has somebody else this problem or could somebody try it?

Thanks for Feedback!

Flippinger

A

Alienix

I tired it out and it's successful. Once I change the password and click on Ok, I receive the following:

Your password has been changed. Click OK to sign in with your new password.

Here are my settings from a lab environment:
Enforce password history - 0 passwords remembered
Maximum password age - not defined
Minimum password age - not defined
Minimum password length - 0 characters
Password must meet complexity requirements - disabled
Store passwords using reversible encryption - disabled
Ali

T

Tom_V

Where are you changing the password from (ADUC) or are you attempting the password change in OWA SP1?

If you made the change in the default domain policy, you need to run the gpupdate /force in a command prompt to force the update change. You can run the command on the server and also the client workstation.

MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2007/2010 | MCITP: Server Administrator | MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring | MCP | MCDST

A

Alienix

Check out the settings I posted above.

Also, can you force the policy update by going to the command prompt and typing:

gpupdate /force

Ali

F

Flippinger

I have checked the Default Domain Policy and its exactly like Alienix written down here. Its very strange. I have done the gpupdate /force on each Domain Controller. Whats very strang that if i want to set an password whats really complex i have the same error. In which logfile i can try to look for some errors?

A

Alienix

I would suspect the Security logs under the Event Viewer would be a good place to start.

Ali