HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeRPC\ParametersSystem is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jimbravo

I'm attempting to configure static RPC Client access ports using the procedure documented below (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff622319.aspx#config). At this time, I've only created the CAS array, and don't have any mailbox servers installed. The \ParametersSystem is missing. Is there a corrective action you can suggest?
RPC Client Access and Address Book Services Configuration

If the Client Access server is configured to participate in a load-balanced array, follow these steps to configure the RPC Client Access and Address Book services to use a specific TCP port for client connections. The procedure uses TCP7575 and TCP7576, but you can utilize any TCP high ports that are available within the environment (adjust load-balanced array rules accordingly).
Connect to the server through Remote Desktop, and then log on with an account that has been delegated local administrative access. Start Registry Editor.
Important: Incorrectly editing the registry can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Problems resulting from editing the registry incorrectly may not be able to be resolved. Before editing the registry, back up any valuable data.
Navigate toHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeRPC\ParametersSystem Right-click Performance, point to New, and then click DWORD Value. Type Show TCP/IP Port to name the new value. Double-click TCP/IP Port. In the Value data box, type 7575, and then click OK. Navigate to <Exchange Install Path>\bin. Open the MicrosoftExchange.AddressBook.Service.exe.config file in Notepad and edit the following entry:

<add key="RpcTcpPort" value="7576" />
Save the file.

J

jimbravo

Step 2, states to "Right-click Performance, point to New, and then click DWORD Value." However, the 'Performance' value doesn't exist. Should I create this or should I create the DWORD under the 'ParametersSystem' context?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.