Error with starting Exchange services (Address book and Mailbox replications)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aswxed

Hello.

I have an error with two Exchange Services. Can anybody help me in resolving this problem?

Descriptions: New installed domain Server 2008 R2 level, new installed Exchange 2010 + update rollup 4. On one server I have 4 roles: Mailbox role, Client access role, Hub transport role, Management tools.

Symptoms: I have an error in Applications Event log with starting a Exchange Services, such as Microsoft Exchange Address Book service and Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Replication service.

D: 1004 An unexpected error occured while starting the Microsoft Exchange Address book Service

ID: 4999 Watson report about to be sent for process id: 4640, with parameters: E12, c-RTL-AMD64, 14.00.0702.000, M.E.AddressBook.Service, mscorlib, S.S.SecurityDocument.InternalGetElement, S.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException, 5ea5, 02.00.50727.4952.
ErrorReportingEnabled: False

ID: 7009 A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Replication service to connect.

ID: 7000 The Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Replication service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

ID: 7031 The Microsoft Exchange Address Book service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

In result this services could'not start.

Client software (Outlook 2007) working correctly.

I was set the automatic (delayed) type of start on this services - no positive result.
What a shoud do with it?

Where i can find an extended information about reason of this problem?

thanx (and sorry for my ugly English)

A

AlwaysBusy

Hi,

check the file Exchange-Install-Dir\bin\microsoft.exchange.addressbook.service.exe.config

the second line has missing in our environment following:

<configuration>

insert the line or copy the file from another server

addressbook-service will than start and errors are disappearing

br cd

A

Aswxed

Hi,

check the file Exchange-Install-Dir\bin\microsoft.exchange.addressbook.service.exe.config

the second line has missing in our environment following:

<configuration>

insert the line or copy the file from another server

addressbook-service will than start and errors are disappearing

br cd
Hello. thank you for your answer. I have checked this file and compare with file from another Exchange 2010 Server (in foreign infrastructure) they are identical. And line with " <configuration>" is the same in both files. No positive result. Any other ideas?

A

AlwaysBusy

Hi,

in our case it was the error. But have you tried to copy the file from the foreign system, perhaps your file only seems to be ok.

best regards

cd

A

Aswxed

Hi,

in our case it was the error. But have you tried to copy the file from the foreign system, perhaps your file only seems to be ok.

best regards

cd

I was do it. But no result. This is my variant of file (in both systems) =========================================================================

<?xml version=" 1.0" encoding=" utf-8" ?> <configuration> <runtime> <gcServer enabled=" true" /> <generatePublisherEvidence enabled=" false" /> </runtime> <appSettings> <add key=" NspiEndpointEnabled" value=" true" /> <add key=" RfrEndpointEnabled" value=" true" /> <!-- Set port to an empty string to disable ncacn_ip_tcp. --> <!-- Set the port to 0 to allow the server to assign a port number dynamically. --> <add key=" RpcTcpPort" value=" 0" /> <!-- Set port to an empty string to disable ncacn_http for the specific interface --> <!-- Standard port assignments: Nspi=6004, Rfr=6002 --> <add key=" NspiHttpPort" value=" 6004" /> <add key=" RfrHttpPort" value=" 6002" /> <!-- Enables and disables the logging for the address book service. --> <add key=" ProtocolLoggingEnabled" value=" true" /> <!-- Specifies the folder in which log files will be generated. --> <add key=" LogFilePath" value=" C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Logging\AddressBook Service\" /> <!-- Specifies the max size that a single log file can grow to before a new one is generated. --> <add key=" PerFileMaxSize" value=" 10MB" /> <!-- Specifies the max size that the entire directory of logs can grow to before the oldest log is deleted. --> <add key=" MaxDirectorySize" value=" 1GB" /> <!-- Specifies length of time in hours log files will be retained before being deleted. --> <add key=" MaxRetentionPeriod" value=" 720" /> <!-- Specifies if we need to switch log file each hour. --> <add key=" ApplyHourPrecision" value=" true" /> <!-- Specifies the maximum number of sessions permitted per user. --> <add key=" MaxSessionsPerUser" value=" 50" /> </appSettings> </configuration>

=========================================================================

Status
Not open for further replies.