Outlook Reminders keep regenerating

• Thread starter JT3Consulting
  • Start date Views 733
J

JT3Consulting

I've read a lot of similar forum items for this topic but have found no solution that works for me yet.

My Outlook 2007 reminders (attached to e-mail messages) keep regenerating after I've done either or all of the following:

1) Dismissed the reminder

2) Marked the email item flag status as "completed"

3) Unlicked the "reminder" checkbox from the "Follow Up..." / "Add reminder..." dialog box.

4) Removed the flag (and reminder with it).

But the next day when I open Outlook all the reminders regenerate. I would like to be able to use Reminders effectively for my email messages - is this a possibility?

I have tried opening Outlook with the "outlook /cleanreminders" switch, and that does not fix the problem..

I have also downloaded the MFCMAPI Tool, but the Reminders in question are not showing in the Reminders folder (at least now, after I've already deleted my reminder culprits in Outlook - again - for the day). Anyhow, I am hesitant to delete the Reminders folder and have it regenerate when I open Outlook because I don't want my reminders set for the future (which have not become problems yet) to be deleted (not sure if that will happen or not?)...

I am running Outlook 2007 on a Windows Vista computer. The emails are from my Hotmail account. I am using Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector 32-bit (14.0.4760.1000).

Thanks for any help!

J

JT3Consulting

Thanks! - this is where I saw other posts (somewhat) regarding the same topic but couldn't find an Outlook specific forum - so I appreciate the link and have asked my question there.