Upgraded to Office 2010 - Now have full Outlook, but only some e-mails come through - others still go to my Outlook Express

• Thread starter Not a Techie
  • Start date Views 598
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Not a Techie

I recently upgraded to Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010. I now have the full outlook version. I was previously using Outlook Express. My e-mail account is with my internet provider (i.e. Cogeco) When I "send/receive", the green progress bar moves along and I see the transferring message (ex. transferring message #28), but then only 5 or 6 e-mails come in to my inbox. They do not appear in Spamkiller or deleted or anywhere else. I just opened my old Outlook Express (which still seems to be active??) and ALL of the e-mails sent me over the last 2 weeks are there, including the ones that appear in my full version of Outlook. I also get a message when I open Outlook Express that says "Outlook Express is not currently your default mail client. Would you like to make it your default mail client". I want to use the full version of Outlook. Did I do something wrong when I installed it? Can it be fixed?

N

Natasha Dsouza

Ensure to leave a copy of messages on the server on both Outlook Express and Outlook 2010

To configure Outlook Express to store messages on your mail server, follow these steps.

1. In Outlook Express, click Accounts on the Tools menu, and then click the Mail tab.

2. Double-click the mail account you want to configure, and then click the Advanced tab.

3. Click the "Leave a copy of messages on server" check box to select it, click OK, and then click Close.

4. Quit and then restart Outlook Express to make the change take effect.

To configure Outlook 2010 to leave a copy of messages on the server clickhere.

Now emails will be downloaded on both the email clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.