Double clicking on from email address does no longer open corresponding contact in Outlook 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EasyNT

I have a tricky one: Outlook 2007 used to open the corresponding contact when I double click on the from email address, as long as I have a contact saved with that email address. That's no longer the case, instead the " E-mail Properties" window appears, as if I have no cantact with this email address saved.

If I try look up contact from the right click context menu, I get the error that Outlook could not find a contact with this email address... Altough of course I do have the contact with this email address saved and it also appears when I search for it under my contacts. It happens with all my contacts, by the way.

I have only one Contacts folder in my Personal Folders and these Contacts are also choosen in " Show this address list first" and " Keep personal addresses in" in the Address Book options.

Who knows this phenomenon and the solution to the problem?

Thanks for any help,

Juerg

Follow the instructions in this Microsoft Article KB 292883 and check if this workaround helps to resolve the issue.

Thanks, but the contact is in my local Contacts folder and not in the Global Address List... Juerg

You're my personal hero! That did the trick, great, thanks a lot.

Re: Double clicking on from email address does no longer open corresponding co

I just experienced the same thing.....and clear how to fix re the line: Creating New Outlook Profile and Open the old data file &nbsp

Is that a new macro?

Also, my contacts are in many different folders so need to find the contact of that email address throughtout all my contact folders.....

So what' the update from the "personal hero"?? She is the best!!

Any update per my questions?

No macro - just bad HTML formatting on the board. :)

I've seen this problem before and I forget the cause or fix - Outlook either doesn't recognize the address as one that exists or something is preventing it from opening the contact. A new profile should fix it, but I'd first verify the To button brings up contacts in the address book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
O VBA - Regex - remove double line spacing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 2016 IOS recipients receive my paragraph double space as quadruple space Using Outlook 2
O Double line spacing - solved with minor drawback Using Outlook 0
T Double clik behavior on agenda open a new meeting request Using Outlook 1
Reji Rajan Double spotting Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Changing Double-Space Default When Replying To Emails Using Outlook 2
Y How do you stop double booking? Using Outlook 1
P double emails Using Outlook 1
F Public calander double booking Using Outlook 1
T drag drop/opening drop down/single click acts like double/highlighting Using Outlook 7
R Stop Double Booking Rooms Using Outlook 3
J Macro to open email (like double click) in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Outlook Custom Form Scripting only working when clicking on "Run this form" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R What's supposed to appear when just clicking into the search field? Using Outlook 7
N contact notepad 'style' getting changed after clicking and running Activities Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2013 when clicking To in a new email show Company names Using Outlook 0
S Calendar loops when clicking on calendar link to start it Using Outlook 1
C Set reminder / appointment by right clicking email Using Outlook 1
Z Outlook 2007, clicking email addresses fails to open Contact Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2013 crashes saving VBA & clicking tools | digital signature Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Clicking reply on sent emails TO field Using Outlook 2
K blank emails generated in outbox when clicking on Inbox and other foders Using Outlook 0
D Prevent Outlook from resolving incomplete contact when clicking send Using Outlook 2
V Clicking box to delete junk mail doesn't stay Using Outlook 2
J Nothing happens after clicking on the link in my emails Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2003 freezing when clicking on TO button Using Outlook 2
Commodore Is IMAP automatically refreshed when clicking the folder? Using Outlook 1
P Outlook closes down after clicking on the quick print icon. Using Outlook 3
A No profiles created problem in outlook after clicking outlook icon Using Outlook 0
S Outlook hangs when clicking on Calendar BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
N Adding 'Add To Business Contacts' when right-clicking an email add BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
P Email address auto-completes work fine on laptop, but no longer on desktop Using Outlook 2
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
farrissf Outlook 2016 Optimizing Email Searches in Outlook 2016: Seeking Insights on Quick Search vs Advanced Search Features Using Outlook 0
D Delete selected text in outgoing email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Graphics in email / Mac recipient garbled Using Outlook 0
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Print email attachments when hit subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Spam Email? Using Outlook 2
G Automatically delete email when a condition is met Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - digitally sign email doesn't works Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Email was migrated from GoDaddy to Microsoft exchange. We lost IMAP ability Exchange Server Administration 1
R Outlook 365 How to integrate a third-party app with Outlook to track email and sms? Using Outlook 2