Quick question on deletion settings

• Thread starter Shon Miles
  • Start date Views 906
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shon Miles

Should I be able to see items older than 14 days in the "Recover Deleted Items" option, if I have "Keep deleted items for" set to 14 days on the database?Shon

T

Thiyagu14

lets say u delete something on 1st Jan 2010.

you can retrieve this item until 14th Jan 2010,

after that it is gone.

was i able to explain?

thanks

Thiyagu

T

TWHarrington

The timer starts when you delete the item, not when you received the message. So at the time you delete an item, you have 14 days until is purges out.

M

Mark Arnold [MVP]

As a rule, you shouldn't.

Are you seeing more than 14 or are you wishing you could see more?

"Shon Miles" wrote in message news:72235ab8-b5c8-42eb-b1fe-3909a454a801...
Should I be able to see items older than 14 days in the "Recover Deleted Items" option, if I have "Keep deleted items for" set to 14 days on the database? ShonMark Arnold, Exchange MVP.

S

Shon Miles

Should I be able to see items older than 14 days in the "Recover Deleted Items" option, if I have "Keep deleted items for" set to 14 days on the database? Shon Mark Arnold, Exchange MVP. I was seeing messages older than 14 days in the recover deleted items folder, but I must have deleted those particular messages within the last 14 days so they still show up.Shon

B

Brian Day MCITP

If that user was put on Litigation Hold it would be a whole other story. :)

S

Shon Miles

If that user was put on Litigation Hold it would be a whole other story. :)

My posts are provided “AS IS” with no guarantees, no warranties, and they confer no rights. Understood, and good point. I was checking for a user that does not have a legal hold, and my own. I think it is the situation that Harrington mentioned.Shon

M

Mark Arnold [MVP]

Yeah, like the guys said, it's days from deletion, not arrival.

Sounds like you're all sorted.

"Shon Miles" wrote in message news:959f10fc-f109-423c-a7c1-8c49bae8cf02...

Should I be able to see items older than 14 days in the "Recover Deleted Items" option, if I have "Keep deleted items for" set to 14 days on the database? Shon Mark Arnold, Exchange MVP. I was seeing messages older than 14 days in the recover deleted items folder, but I must have deleted those particular messages within the last 14 days so they still show up. ShonMark Arnold, Exchange MVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.