Outlook.pst has reached its maximum size

• Thread starter AmeriGrandma
  • Start date Views 4,268
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AmeriGrandma

I plan to create a new pst file and import some info from the old file. Because I use old emails for record keeping in our business, will I be able to open the old file temporarily to find info?

G

GordonBP

Firstly do NOT import. Create the new pst file in Outlook then COPY data across. The easiest way to do this is to use the Archive function.

BTW, the native pst file in Outlook 2007 can be up to 20 GB in size. If you are using a legacy ANSI file then you should convert to the new UNICODE file - far more robust and much bigger.

Convert an old PST to a Unicode PST

If you find my response helpful, please click on the " Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Can you open the old pst in Outlook? If so, make a new pst in the new format and set it as default for delivery. You'll be able to move contacts, calendar and messages you need to the new pst - keep the old one for an Archive.

M

mikesonu1

You can create a new PST file and move your old important mails to new folder else you can split your PST file according to date, time and from. For that you need third party tool or you can take help from online Outlook PST Repair experts.

G

Gordon B-P

You can create a new PST file and move your old important mails to new folder else you can split your PST file according to date, time and from. For that you need third party tool or you can take help from online Outlook PST Repair experts.

No you don't - the built-in Archive function will do that perfectly well....If you find my response helpful, please click on the " Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.