Trying to send 68MB file to a printers - send/rec says complete but email still in outbox and says cannot open as outlook has begun transmitting the m

• Thread starter microsloth
  • Start date Views 754
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

microsloth

Hi can anyone help?

A big 68MB file but it's for a printers so is already compressed. I managed to send a 50MB one before, even though i think it's redirected via a gmail account.

Is it just sending it through very slowly even though the send/rec says complete?

Any ideas appreciated - need to get this sent today and image quality is important.

Cheers

M

microsloth

Hi Diane - Sorry didn't make that clear - I'm emailing it to a commercial printing shop so have reduced the file size as much as possible without the final documents being poor quality. Is there a maximum file limit for outlook or I have tried to reduce it into a zip file but this doesn't seem to work for image files.

G

Ganesh Kumar N

There is a limit to send emails from Outlook. You need to contact your internet service provider to check.

Ganesh Kumar N

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hi Diane - Sorry didn't make that clear - I'm emailing it to a commercial printing shop so have reduced the file size as much as possible without the final documents being poor quality. Is there a maximum file limit for outlook or I have tried to reduce it into a zip file but this doesn't seem to work for image files.
The limit is with your email host, not outlook. Many limit email to 20 MB or less. Depending on the file type, it may be compressed already so zipping it won't make much of a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.