Re: MS Outlook: actual email address requires too many clicks to get to.

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3

Why not just open the AddressBook and extract desired info or is there something that hasn't been understood in your explanation?

At any point from Outlook menu bar --> Tools --> AddressBook --> Select desired contact and retrieve desired info

"

M

mtwii

Thanks, but the email address is not always there. Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. I'm not sure why but it is usually when they are already in your contacts or when they are part of your organization that it is not. Only physical address, phone number, etc. are provided. The email addresses tab shows the email address and sometimes several additional addresses with no clear differentiation for the user to determine what is what. Even still, this information is in a non-selectable field so you would have to type the address out anyway instead of copying the text.

I think that simply presenting the information upon double-click would be great. Nobody likes extra clicks, right? I'm mostly just being impatient and wanting everything RIGHT NOW and with little effort.

This is more of a product enhancement suggestion than a support issue. Thanks.

Side Note: I'm not sure if this is a Microsoft Exchange issue or a BlackBerry issue, but showing the address in an outgoing mobile message during composition would be great. During lookup search, if there are more than one Bob Smith in your GAL your lookup results return "Bob Smith" and "Bob Smith." Well which is which? And what if you have more than one Bob Smith in your address book? The auto-complete suggestions are differentiated.

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3

Adding this response as an info item purely for the sake of clarity regarding terminology since initial post didn't clearly identify this as purely a GAL related issue....

Your explanation refers to the Contact info presented when clicking on entries residing in the Global Address List. What I was referring to in terms of the AddressBook related to contacts residing in a contact folder - double clicking on one of those contacts opens up the detailed contact screen where everything is selectable.

Re: Email address sometimes being there - sometimes not

It will appear at the bottom of the initial GAL detail info screen if the GAL entry is a "contact" (does not have an Exch email account) versus a User (who is a member of the organization)

Re: Multiple email addresses

Each of the email addresses listed is prefaced with the Email "type" (i.e. smtp: or x400: (Exchange address) etc). For general purpose use - <smtp> is generally the choice (i.e.somename@somedoman.com) (a user can have more than one SMTP address listed)

Re: email not being selectable (which sounds like it is at the crux of the suggestion)

Correct no matter where an email address appears when viewing <GAL> related detailed contact info. Not applicable for contacts residing in a contact folder.

"