Disappearing Mail??

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cam124

I am using Outlook 2010, Home and Business Edition, and my email disappears from my inbox. Sometimes I receive some mail and when I do it disappears when I click on a different folder and then back. ie: I am viewing an email in Inbox folder, I switch to sent items, then I go back to Inbox and my email is gone! I can't find it anywhere on my computer. Can someone help? I am using Windows 7 on an ASUS laptop and I have NOD 32 as my Anti-Virus. Thanks!

G

GordonBP

Check the View on the Inbox. Set it to Messages as opposed to Unread Messages.

See if that helps.

If you find my response helpful, please click on the " Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you!

C

Cam124

Tried that and it doesn't seem to be the problem, some messages will appear and stay for 10 mins until disappearing even though they are marked as read and some appear for a few seconds before disappearing, thanks for the idea though.

J

jgp1

Dear Cam124

Did you manage to sort this issue out. I have just bought office 2010 professional and like you I can see the email when it arrives in outlook but after a few minutes it disappears without a trace?

We have the have an older version of office on another computer with the same address functions but do not have this issue.

Any advice would be very very welcome as this is very frustrating!

C

Cam124

I haven't solved the issue, I have my email on office 97 on a different computer and it works fine. I tried outlook 97 and it screwed up my computer so I had to remove it. I called Microsoft and the gave me a program that completely deletes office 2010 and doesn't leave a trace of office behind, then I re-installed office 2010 and the problem was Not solved. I am unsure of what to do, I have had friends try to figure it out but no one seems to have an answer.

M

mommanye

I am having the same problem. I just bought this computer for work, but am afraid to use it for fear I will have all of my business e-mails disappear. The computer has Windows 7 and I bought/installed Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010. I did read in one of the other questions/answers that the anti-virus may be causing the problem by filtering the incoming messages. The suggestion was to uninstall and reinstall the anti-virus. My trial version of Norton was about over, so I went ahead and uninstalled it and just installed the new Norton 360 (which we have used on our other computer with Windows XP and Outlook Express without any problems). We shall see. Some of my messages take a couple of days to disappear, while others have disappeared right after reading if I switch to another folder in Outlook or log back on later. I will write back in a couple of days and see if this has taken care of the issue. In the mean time, I move all messages I may want to keep into a folder as soon as I read them. That way they don't disappear.

M

mommanye

This is an update to my message on Thursday, Sept. 16...I am still losing my e-mails even after uninstalling my Norton 360 trial and reinstalling the new. I wish someone would come up with an answer to this. I need to use my new computer for work!

R

RedCyberSal

I am having the same problem. Recently purchased a acer laptop with Outlook 2010. I have 2 emails connected with one for personal and one for business. Personal email seems to be Ok but the business emails I lose if I switch folders. I have an additional problem that I hope someone can help with. When I delete a message then look in the trash/ deleted items, they aren't there! Can someone please help?

T

Traveldog

To kerber 12 -- *What* was an easy fix? Did you solve this problem of disappearing mail?

I have a different problem: when I hit Send/Receive, it removes all of the mail from my Yahoo mail account but only some of the e-mails show up in my Outlook Inbox. The rest, I suppose, just disappear into cyberspace. It seems similar enough to the problem described here that I thought any solution to this one might help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.