Receive Server timeout with Outlook 2010

• Thread starter Sooupper
  • Start date Views 1,543
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sooupper

I have Outlook 2010 installed on two difference Win 7 64-bit systems. One works (laptop), one does not (primary - Desktop).

First I could not use the hyper links included in the received emails. I applied the Microsoft " Fix" , now I get server timeout when receiving. I have uninstall and reinstalled but that did not correct the problem. Extending the timeout time only makes me wait longer for the timeout error.

But systems are using the same security application (CA Security Center) and have settings.

Any suggestion?

Is the an application which ensures a clear Office 2010 uninstall?

R

Ruchi Bisht

What type of account did you configure in Outlook?

If using a POP account try to use theFix-it and verify the status.

If the issue continues, enableClean-boot to find if any Non-Microsoft service is conflicting with Outlook.

Note: Once the troubleshooting is done, enable Normal Start-up.

Ruchi Bisht

S

Sooupper

Fix it did not work. I got a response with said it was not for my operating system (Win 7 64-bit).

Clean boot also did not work.

I tried removing my email account and now cannot re-setup.

I am confused. I have a HP laptop with the same OS, Security, etc. and have no problesms.

I am going to try a complete Office 2010 uninstall and see what happens.

R

Ruchi Bisht

Try creating a new Outlook profile using the steps mentioned in the article below and check if it works:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

If new profile works fine, open your old Outlook data file.

Open Outlook in new profile->click File->open->Outlook data file->select Outlook.pst and click Open

Ruchi Bisht

S

Sooupper

That also did not work.

Since the exact settings were working on another computer, I did not believe the problem was anything to do this Outlook.

I " figured" the problem had to be with Win 7 and maybe the default program settings.

I " FIXED" the problem by uninstalling Office 2010 and doing a hot reload for Win 7. Everything seems to now work Great.

Status
Not open for further replies.