"You do not have permission to send to this recipient" when making changes to scheduled meetings

• Thread starter Steve H - Atlanta
  • Start date Views 1,776
S

Steve H - Atlanta

I have a client who is using Outlook 2003 with Exchange Server 2003. He can send emails with no problem to specific internal users, but when making changes to or cancelling meetings on his calendar, he receives " You do not have permission to send to this recipient" NDRs from these users. The exact message is below:

You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.

MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=local/DC=corp:FS1

I have searched the web for a solution, but haven't come up with anything applicable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

T

Thiyagu14

For the user who is the NDR list, can the source user send an email?

Is there any restriction set on the users?

Thiyagu | MCTS/MCITP - Exchange 2007 | MCSE 2003[Messaging] | . This posting is provided " AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

S

Steve H - Atlanta

I sent an email from the source user to the users that were generating the NDR and they responded back, so communication is good between the users in question. There are no restrictions set for anyone.

S

Steve H - Atlanta

Just in case anyone else experiencing this issue comes across this article, I resolved it. I had to specifically grant permissions to the user making and changing the appointments on the other users' calendars. I gave him permission to create items and to change and delete his own items.