Is there a configuration or setting in Outlook (2007 or 2010) that allows users to rename "shared" c

• Thread starter Steve_M_Work
  • Start date Views 2,834
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve_M_Work

In Outlook 2003 (Exchange 2007) our users are able to rename " shared" calendars. In Outlook 2010 the user still sees the updated name they created but the option for " rename calendar" is now greyed out. How can this be done in the latest version?

S

sand-fish

You may repost in the forum category below for more assistance on exchange server issues:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrclients/threads

There is no anwser for this issue as well.

I use outlook2010 on win7. It seems all the calendars (shared or not, except the very first default one) have this rename function grayed out. And all the default calendar groups cannot be deleted as well. Now my only option is go back to a computer with office 2007 (luckily there is still one in our office) and do all the modifications whenever I need to.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I use outlook2010 on win7. It seems all the calendars (shared or not, except the very first default one) have this rename function grayed out. And all the default calendar groups cannot be deleted as well. Now my only option is go back to a computer with office 2007 (luckily there is still one in our office) and do all the modifications whenever I need to.

No, you can't rename folders in the Navigation pane - when you do, you really rename the folder, not the link to the folder- that's why its greyed out for shared folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.