Inbox Repair Tool missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wilnlori

For the last 5 hours I have been working on this problem: Outlook says use Inbox Repair Tool and run scanpst.exe. No one and i mean no one has been able to find scanpst.exe on my comp. What do I do now. I did not recieve any disks when I purchased the comp and windows 7 along with Office 2007. Thanks in advance.

N

Niyamath Khan

Refer the link below to know how to find inbox repair tool:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272227

Click StartCollapse this imageExpand this image> All Programs > Accessories > Run and type%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office12\ and hit on Enter.

W

wilnlori

Thank you for your reply. I have tried , to no luck , what you have said. Below is what I find:

Hope this helps you help me.

For the below 2 links I get the following message:

Windows cannot find (link) Check spelling and try again:

For the below two links I get the following message:The Scanpst.exe file is typically located in one of the following folders:

<disk drive>:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\

<disk drive>:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033

FOR THE LINK: The Scanpst.exe file for Outlook 2007 is is typically located in the following folder:

<disk drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12

I find the following

FOLDER 1033 In that folder

MSO EXAMPLE INTL SETUP FILE A.TXT

MSO EXAMPLE INTL SETUP FILE B.TXT

OTHER ITEMS LISTED:

MSO EXAMPLE SETUP FILE A.TXT

OUTLOOK.PST

VISHE.DLL

MSOHEVI.DLL

That is all I find.

K

Kathleen Orland [MVP]

Doesn't doing a file/folder search for scanpst.exe turn up anything? It should.

Have you used Windows Explorer to unhide hidden files/folders and known file extensions?
Microsoft

johnbilly394

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
You can recover the pst file by using the scanpst.exe tool that is default available in your computer. This tool available in the following location C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12. Open the given location and then open scanpst.exe file and you will see a window will open then click here to browse the pst file that you want to repair or recover and then apply the next steps from wizard. You can also try outlook pst repair tool to repair pst files.

Status
Not open for further replies.