Exchange 2010 Journaling Problem

• Thread starter Hunaid
  • Start date Views 879
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hunaid

Hi,

I have setup Message Journaling in my exch 2010 for all type(Incoming, Outgoing, Internal and External) of messages. The Journaling mailbox is recieving messages but some of these messages are in Jounaling format where the whole message is attached as an attachment and some show up wihout attachment and I can see the actual message, not sure what is going on, any one there has any idea as to what might be happening.

Hunaid

C

Christian Weihs

Hi Hunaid,

Hi,
I have setup Message Journaling in my exch 2010 for all type(Incoming, Outgoing, Internal and External) of messages. The Journaling mailbox is recieving messages but some of these messages are in Jounaling format where the whole message is attached as an attachment and some show up wihout attachment and I can see the actual message, not sure what is going on, any one there has any idea as to what might be happening.
Hunaid

This is a normal journal mail with the original mail as attachment and
extended information in the body. This is for archiv systems to better
interpret the mail.

Otherwise you have to use a transport rule or you configure a forwarding at
the mailbox...

Best regards
Christian

see the following link:
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Exchange-Server-2007-Using-Journaling-Rules.html

H

Hunaid

Journaling itself is functioning properly. Our Journaling account is called mailarchive. Problem is that some messages are received in this journaling mailbox as proper journaling format, while others are not in journaling format.
My question is why Exchange 2010 would send some messages in journaling format and some in non journaling format to the journaling recipient mailbox

N

Novak Wu

Hi,

Based on my research, I would like to explain that the symptom is normal if there are several different Journal report, such as envelope journal report which is displayed as an attachment in the report or an actual message which can be viewed directly. Please understand that the Journal report is generated by several requirements. For more information, please refer to the following article:

Interception and Redirection of Messages Using Transport Rules or Journaling

Hope this helps.

Novak Wu

Status
Not open for further replies.