Site issue: Part Outlook 2010, Part Outlook 2007. Exchange 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ender

Hi,

Beating myself up over a silly mistake when I decided to begin upgrading clients at our school to Office 2010.

We currently run Exchange 2007 and our clients run Windows 7 and Office 2007.

We have brought in new PC's and put Office 2010 on them and sent them out around the school.

However when a student or teacher logs onto a machine with Outlook 2010 on it, it reconfigures their mailbox to work with Outlook 2010.

When they return to a machine with Outlook 2007 and open their email, it gives the error "Previous version of Microsoft Exchange Messaging Service".

The only way to fix this seems to be to delete their mail profile from the machine and recreate the connection to Exchange, quite painful when you have hundreds of users logging on to different PC's all day long.

At this stage it looks like the best option is to roll out Office 2010 site wide, however we don't have the man power to do this until the holidays in a few weeks.

We cannot remove the machines with 2010 on them because they all look the same and would take ages to find the ones with it on.

Any ideas?

Much love in advance.

Forum Admin

Are you using roaming (windows) profiles?

The quick fix is two Outlook profiles - one for 2010, one for 2007. You can do this with a prf or logon script.

Ender

Thank you for the help Slipstick, that is a really good idea.

I'll try it out see how it goes and report back.

GG microsoft, if we can fix it that way, then surely M$ should have released it that way....

We have roaming profiles for a few people but mostly local profiles as it causes us less issues.

Cheers.

Forum Admin

It might be easier to do if you don't use roaming profiles - but separate profiles for 2007 and 2010 will solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.