How do I remove an add-in from my uninstalled virus protection program that was attached to Outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ACude

When starting up Outlook I receive the following error message " The Add-in " avast! 5" (C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\ashOutXt.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacturer for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-In."

R

Russ Valentine

I would have started by trying what the error message told you to do. Did you? In Outlook 2007 add-ins are removed from Outlook in Tools > Trust Center...Russ Valentine

A

ACude

Thank you for your response Russ. When I uninstalled avast as my virus protection softward, it never asked if I wanted to unistall any add-ins. I would have thought that would happen automatically. So now, I can't find any remnants of the avast program on my hard drive which I imagine is why I receive the error message when starting up Outlook.

I just went into my Outlook > tools > add-ins folder but avast didn't show up in the add-in list. Being a moderately skilled computer operator, I'm not sure if there are any links imbedded or registry to clear that wouldn't have been handled automatically when the program was uninstalled. Any help you can provide is most appreciated.

Andy Cude

W

WillTell

An idea, click Tools>>Internet Options>>General tab, Browsing history, click Settings>>click View objects, Do you see said Add On, if yes Highlight>>right click>>Delete

HTH

>WT<

R

Russ Valentine

Your post is inconsistent. You said you were using Outlook 2007, which does not have a Tools > Add-ins path. Older versions did. Reconcile this discrepancy please. Outlook 2007 uses the path I already posted.Russ Valentine

R

Russ Valentine

Your post is inconsistent. You said you were using Outlook 2007, which does not have a Tools > Add-ins path. Older versions did. Reconcile this discrepancy please. Outlook 2007 uses the path I already posted.Russ Valentine

I

IcemanKevin

I just had the same problem except it was Avast! 4, but I solved it by going to Tools > Trust Center, then select Add-ins on the left. In the drop down at the bottom of this window choose " Exchange Client Extensions" and then click the " Go..." button. Uncheck Avast and click OK. You should be free of this error message.

I never would have thought to look in " Exchange Client Extensions" either. :)

F

Fabio Ostrowski

Perfectly Iceman! Thanks a lot! attemption: choose " Exchange Client Extensions" and then click the " GO..." button....

Status
Not open for further replies.