Outlook 2010 - New Mail Alert for multiple inboxes

• Thread starter Schuetzler
  • Start date Views 3,545
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Schuetzler

I have multiple email accounts in my Outlook (1 Exchange & 2 IMAP). What I want is for a " new mail" letter icon to appear in my system tray when new mail arrives for any of the inboxes. Right now I only get the new mail alert for new items in my default (Exchange) account's inbox. I can't seem to find a setting for this anywhere.

M

Milly Staples - MVP Outlook

That's because the setting doesn't exist. Only the default mail store will get the new mail icon. You can use rules to pop up a desktop notification for the other accounts but the icon will only appear for the default account.

" Schuetzler" wrote in message news:eb090370-dcd9-499f-8e53-82226d69e569@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I have multiple email accounts in my Outlook (1 Exchange & 2 IMAP). What I want is for a " new mail" letter icon to appear in my system tray when new mail arrives for any of the inboxes. Right now I only get the new mail alert for new items in my default (Exchange) account's inbox. I can't seem to find a setting for this anywhere.

S

Schuetzler

That stinks. You'd think they could do that. Thanks for the answer, though.

M

multiple mailbox purgatory

Great, I really only want the audio alert so I don't have to stare at my screen during my 4pm - midnight shift, if it would just ring like the phone, then I could do homework without having to look up from my thoughts every minute. HOW do I set this up? Thank you!

G

Generateaname

Thanks for an improvement but unfortunately not a solution.

I also have an Exchange account as well as an IMAP account and I set up simple rules to display a desktop notification...and they (sort of) work. I am now notified if ANY of my accounts gets a new message (I see the temporary 'vanishing box' desktop alert now). But I still don't get an envelope in the task area, which for me is more helpful than the vanishing box.

I made sure that both customization settings were correct but still cannot get the envelope to appear when a new message arrives. This used to work until I added an Exchange account. Any ideas?

B

Bryan2010

Milly,

This worked in Outlook 2007 with only two IMAP accounts and the default email account set to one of the IMAP accounts, and the defalt data file set to a local PST used for Calendar and Contacts. The envelope icon would appear for new messages to either account . It's no longer working in 2010.

O/S is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Office is 2010 32-bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.