How do I route an email message

• Thread starter PookieCow
  • Start date Views 4,388
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PookieCow

I have a Word document that has to be reviewed & approved by 3 individuals in a particular order. That is the big boss won't approve it until the middle boss approves it, who won't approve it until the little boss approves it. So, it has to go from one to the other.

Outlook used to have a routing feature, but I can't find it in 2007.

Help, please!

Thank you!!

H

Hassan El-Meligy

1) Select your message

2) Click Right Mouse and Select Rules->Create Rules

3) Click on the Advanced Option Button

4) Select the condition or (condistions) then Click Next

5) Select the actions (your will be the 6th or the 7th or both)

6) In the lower window click and select the names to forward to then click next

7) if you have any exception make it here

and Finish

P

PookieCow

I'm sorry, but I'm confused. I have created rules in the past and I don't see how that will help me send 1 email message from one person to the next. What am I missing?

Thanks!

H

Hassan El-Meligy

Hi Again,

You are right, this will not help you directly, I read your initial message and below what could help you.

There are direct routing (routing slips) from within office, if you have your word file that needs approval or editing before it is tranferred to another user

then use file-> (Save & Send) and you see many options to send to **

THE SECOND Solutoin is

to create your own outlook forms where the content of the WORD file will be managed, displayed, approved then forwarded or routed. this will require some work in creating client side form. (see below link)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/146636/EN-US/?FR=1

The THIRD is to use EXCHNAGE AND/SHAREPOINT and create an approval workflow where WORD and office users can really do more than rounting and workflow management to Office documents

Hope this will help.

P

PookieCow

There is no directing routing slip option available in Office 2007 that I am seeing. And the link you provided is for Office 2000 and does not provide me any code. We do not want to go the Sharepoint site method. These documents are going to VPs who are not very tech-savvy and often reply using their Blackberry. So, keeping it in an Outlook type environment like Office used to have would be the best option.

Thanks anyways!

H

Hassan El-Meligy

You can actually if you know already how to do Outlook form designing and programming.

I have done a helpdesk before which was routning a form with a word file attached to manage a case that needs approvals before it is executed.

Another things; you can actaully program the WORD file to run a macro or a VBA and ask for approval then it is forward to a list of users

Each one can do his job according to the role. A Word form might also do the job

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.