Stopping Outlook 2007 from deleting your sent items

J

JohnB84

I've recently changed jobs and as a consequence have upgraded to Microsoft Outlook 2007.

Earlier on today i wanted to reply to an email I had sent to a colleague last Wednesday (Sept 1st) however my 'Sent Items' only back date emails I've sent since last Thursday (Sept 2nd). How can I extend the life of the emails in my 'Sent Items' before they are refreshed.

Any help, much appreciated.

John

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

What type of email account? Outlook doesn't delete the sent items, but if you use an Echange account, your admin can configure Exchange to delete them.

Also, check for filters and if you use a smartphone, did you delete items on the phone?

G

GordonBP

That's not normal behaviour, but it does depend on what you mean by "refreshed".

What type of email account are we talking about?

J

JohnB84

Thanks for this - just to clarify, when I say 'refreshed' I mean then sent emails disappearing from my sent items without me activley choosing to delete them. This is a normal outlook work email - I work for huge media/electronics company and would not like to disclose who they are...how wwould I be able to get the technical details for my email account so you guys would know what kind of email account I have?

G

GordonBP

Thanks for this - just to clarify, when I say 'refreshed' I mean then sent emails disappearing from my sent items without me activley choosing to delete them. This is a normal outlook work email - I work for huge media/electronics company and would not like to disclose who they are...how wwould I be able to get the technical details for my email account so you guys would know what kind of email account I have?

Then it's almost certainly an Exchange account. As Diane said - it's probable that the Exchange Admin has set some sort of limit....

If that IS the case I wonder how that complies with Sarbanes Oxley?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Why not ask the admin? That's really the best bet at this point. find out if they are deleting sent mail.