Adminstrator unable to modify any of the settings in Exchange 2010 - insufficient access rights

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kndurai

Hi All,

We are facing some problems recently as i am Exchange Administrators and i am belongs all the the below groups.

when i have all permissions to modify and change through EMC as well cmdlet. but now i am not able to modify anything and resulted below

------------------------------------------------------ Microsoft Exchange Error
------------------------------------------------------ The following error(s) occurred while saving changes:

Set-MailboxDatabase
Failed
Error:
Active Directory operation failed on <domain controller.domain .com> This error is not retriable. Additional information: Insufficient access rights to perform the operation.
Active directory response: 00002098: SecErr: DSID-03150BB9, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0
The user has insufficient access rights.
------------------------------------------------------ OK
------------------------
We have two sites and we had this problem and no one is able to perform any modification.

i am belongs to Server Management, Enterprise Admin, Organization management group, Schema admin.

B

Brian Day MCITP

Is your user account the one which was used to install Exchange? If not, have you enabled it for remote powershell already? Has AD replication already ben verified as healthy?

F

Frank.Wang

Hi Kndurai,

Is there an accident that you remove the Exchange 2010 server from the "Exchange Trusted Subsystem" Security Group which is located in the "Microsoft Exchange Security Groups" OU?

If yes, please add it back and restart the server.

If it is already in there, please remove it and add it back, then restart the server.

Frank Wang

K

Kndurai

Hi Frank,

Thank you. Yes during the migration someone accidently removed the group. after adding that it started working. Thanks for your help

you made my day....

K

Kndurai

Hi,

Now i am able to modify the all, but only one mailbox i am not able to Local Move from Exchange 2003 to exchange 2010. it is given the same error only for that mailbox. the error details below. could you please let us know what could be the problem

Summary: 1 item(s). 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Elapsed time: 00:00:25
JEldridge
Failed

Error:
Active Directory operation failed on <Domain.com>. This error is not retriable. Additional information: Insufficient access rights to perform the operation.
Active directory response: 00002098: SecErr: DSID-03150A45, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0
The user has insufficient access rights.

Exchange Management Shell command attempted:
'corp.go2uti.com/People/Freight Forwarding/Australia/SYD/JEldridge' | New-MoveRequest -TargetDatabase 'FRADB01'

Elapsed Time: 00:00:25

Status
Not open for further replies.