Re: Email Merge problem

• Thread starter nantydail
  • Start date Views 543
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nantydail

The problem was due to a trial version of Office 2007 or 2010 pre installed on my new computer.

While the program was uninstalled there were files left in the registry or somewhere in the bowels of the new computer that caused conflicts and prevented Office 2003 working properly. Once these many background files were removed and Office 2003 re installed everything worked well.

R

Russ Valentine

Whenever you change Outlook versions you must create a new Outlook profile from scratch before the new version will work properly.Russ Valentine

N

nantydail

Hi Russ actually the problem was due to a trial version of Office 2007 or 2010 pre installed on my new computer.

While the program was uninstalled there were files left in the registry or somewhere in the bowels of the new computer that caused conflicts and prevented Office 2003 working properly. Once these many background files were removed and Office 2003 re installed everything worked well.

Marked As Answer by nantydail Saturday, September 11, 2010 7:18 AM

R

Russ Valentine

Those so called "files" in the registry were the profile settings. As I said creating a new profile is the correct solution and is much safer than trying to hack the registry.Russ Valentine

Status
Not open for further replies.